Lifecycle Software is committed to recruiting a high quality workforce with the appropriate expertise and experience. Equality of opportunity is a core value of the company and recruitment and selection procedures have been designed to provide ways to asses and appoint the most capable employees while ensuring that all individuals are treated with fairness and sensitivity. It is the company’s policy to recruit the most appropriate person for each vacancy, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, gender or sexual orientation. Lifecycle Software is compelled to fair employment practices, socially responsible practices, and adhering to all applicable labour and employment laws.
We are looking for talented graduate, junior and senior developers to join us in Newbury to help us progress our leading edge telecoms applications.
The role requires someone who is technically driven and passionate about programming, to get involved in the full software development lifecycle. As a junior, you will be mentored by an experienced developer and will get the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects and expand your skill sets. The successful candidate requires the ability to both work in a team and individually.
- Maintaining and enhancing existing software - learning the ropes - debugging Java/Scala/Python code to get to get to grips with the software and how it works
- Developing new features, from scratch, and working on brand new development projects
- Requirements review, liaising with clients to provide a solution and integrate the software
- Full lifecycle development, design, specification, development, implementation, testing, support
- Front end, back end and middleware development
- Maintaining progress on activities and actions within Lifecycle’s CRM systems
- Maintain Lifecycle Brand values
Required employee skills and attributes
The employee will have:
- Demonstrable competency with application development using Java or Scala
- You will have a desire to deliver projects and be happy operating in a deadline driven, pressurised environment where priorities frequently change
- Numerate with an enquiring mind and problem solving ability.
- Good communications skills
- An ability to multi-task on concurrent projects while maintaining attention to detail
- Self-motivated organised and methodical with attention to detail
- Enterprise Java (J2EE)
- Spring Framework or other IoC containers
- SQL Database technologies, (MS SQL Server & PostgreSQL would be an advantage)
- Tomcat and/or JBoss application servers
- Any exposure to JSF, IceFaces, Wicket, Scala; Akka, messaging APIs e.g. JMS, AMQP
- NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB
- Experience of telecoms billing processes and/or systems
- Experience of CRM processes/systems
- Linux experience would be an advantage
- Web Services: SOAP and Rest
Salary £18,000 - £35,000 dependant on experience.
The vacancy is based in the Newbury office and the successful candidate will be a self-starter who is willing to work autonomously.
The benefits package includes 24 days holiday plus ‘your birthday off’, childcare voucher scheme and after six months a 3% contributory pension.
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or post to:
1 Kings Court,